Roll forming operator
Do you like teamwork, are you looking for a manual job and are you not afraid to get dirty? Are you bored with routine and would like to enjoy your Friday afternoons all year long?
Are you detail-oriented and get great satisfaction from a job well done? Then this is for you! The roll-former position will allow you to take pride in what you produce the beams and posts that are the main components of heavy storage systems (racking). In addition, you will be recognized by your supervisors and colleagues, as this position is very important to us.
Here is a good opportunity to understand the steel transformation process, to learn how to make mechanical adjustments on equipment and to receive the proper training to use a forklift and an overhead crane.
The schedule is Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:15 pm and Friday from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm.
There is the possibility of working overtime.
More concretely, your tasks will consist of :
- Feed raw materials to the equipment using an overhead crane;
- Carry out troubleshooting and make adjustments;
- Change the product (setup) on each part of the equipment;
- Measure the parts coming out of the roll former and perform quality control;
- Handle parts.
To do this, you must:
- Know how to read a tape measure in inches;
- Be able to lift loads up to 50 lbs;
- Be comfortable working in a dirty and noisy environment (hearing protection must be worn);
- Be a team player and proactive;
- Possess a valid overhead crane card (an asset).
The benefits you will receive:
- 6 paid days off in the holiday season;
- Deferred profit sharing plan with employer contribution;
- Complete group insurance program (life, medical and dental insurance) available after 3 months of employment;
- Telemedicine program available after 3 months that provides unlimited access to remote medical consultations;
- 3 sick days after 3 months of employment;
- Work clothes provided after 3 months;
- Safety glasses with prescription provided after 3 months;
- Annual amount granted for the purchase of work boots after 3 months
Your salary will also be adjusted according to your progression and your level of autonomy.
To get a better idea of the work environment, you can watch our video: https://youtu.be/aNU1Quw7orM
Do you like the job description and would you like to develop your knowledge in metal work? Send us your application now!
All applications will be treated confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only selected applicants will be contacted.
* Please note that the masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.